Thank you for visiting Lakehouse Hotel and Resort (herein Hotel), an Eat.Drink.Sleep.(herein EDS) website. This notice outlines our information practices and your options about the way your information is collected and used. We use your personal information in order to fulfil our commitment to providing an unparalleled guest service experience in connection with all of your interactions with Hotel. As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather.
This Policy applies to personal information regarding guests and the other individuals with whom we do business or who visit us and to the use of that personal information in any form – whether oral, electronic or written. We collect information that you voluntarily provide in order for us to provide services, process reservations and provide customer care. We may also use this information for other business purposes, such as to better understand our guests or make appropriate marketing offers. This policy has been adopted by Hotel and the separate and distinct legal entities that manage, operate and/or own Hotel, including but not limited to, EDS.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED:
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law) includes:
- your name, gender, personal and/or work contact details, business title, date of birth image, nationality, and passport and visa information;
- guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, dates of arrival and departure, goods and services utilized, special requests made by you, and observations about your service preferences.
your credit card details
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g. health conditions that require specific accommodation or services);
- information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences, in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or promotional offers, or to our websites.
- information collected while at a Hotel through the use of television systems, internet systems (including wireless networks that collect data about your computer, smart or mobile device), card key and other security and technology systems;
- contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or meeting and event planners).
CHOICE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION:
You have the choice to decline to provide requested information. However, declining to provide certain information may impact the services that we can provide you. For instance, Hotel cannot make a reservation without a name.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS COLLECTED:
- Making Reservations: When you make a reservation we will request your name, address, phone number, email address information along with other information to assist with your reservation and stay such as credit card number, date of arrival/departure, and room preferences.
- Requests for Information: When you request additional information related to our services or properties, we may request your name and contact information such as street address, phone number, and email address.
Email Offers Sign-Up: If you are interested in receiving special offers via email, we require that you provide your first name and email address. You may also provide additional information such as your city of residence, birthday, or interests, to help us tailor our special offers.
- Request for Proposal: Meetings, Events and Weddings: If you are interested in obtaining more information about meeting and event planning, we may request your name and contact information such as street address, phone number, and email address.
- Contacting Us by Email with Questions or Comments: When you send us an email from one of our sites, we may retain information such as the content, your email address, our response, and the text of any follow-up questions you may have. We may use this information, for example, to measure how effectively we address customer concerns online, to personalize your experience, and to continuously improve our service to you.
Cookies and Similar Technology:
We use cookie technology on our websites to allow us to evaluate and improve the functionality of our websites. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to reveal your identity. They identify your browser, but not you, to our servers when you visit our websites. Visitors to the sites who accept cookies may be presented with targeted messages, offers and ads on the site and via email that we believe would be of value, based on observed preferences. If you have registered as a member of the sites and accept cookies, we can tailor your use to your personal preferences, and it is easier and faster to take advantage of the sites’ benefits. If you have submitted your email address, you may receive targeted messages we believe you will find of value. Remember, you may request to be removed from your email subscription lists.
Your Choice to Accept or Deny Cookies:
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can block them by adjusting the settings on your Internet browser. Keep in mind that your choice to accept or deny a cookie is different from your choice to accept/deny email messages and disabling cookies may disable some features of the website.
Our websites may also contain plug-ins and other features that integrate third party social media platforms into our websites. You will be able to activate them manually. If you do so, the third parties who operate these platforms may be able to identify you, they may be able to determine how you use this website and they may link and store this information with your social media profile. Please consult the data protection policies of these social media platforms to understand what they may do with your personal data. If you activate these plugins and other features, you will be doing so at your own risk.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR WEBSITES:
We may share personal information among Eat.Drink.Sleep. and owners and operators of our managed hotels and restaurants. From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share your information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some sweepstakes or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third party sponsor. When you use a credit card to purchase goods or services, we may share your information with the credit card company. Use of shared information is subject to third parties’ policies.
We rely on service providers to help us deliver products and services, such as providing services in connection with our websites including reservations or communicating news and delivering promotional materials via email and direct mail, processing credit card transactions, and administering surveys.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Subject to applicable laws, we may collect, use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information in order to:
- provide and charge for hotel accommodation and other goods and services;
- provide you with a better or more personalized level of service, including information and services from a third party (such as local attractions and transportation options);
- respond to requests for information and services, including services from a third party (such as restaurants or transportation providers);
- administer the Hotel frequent guest program
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies and third party loyalty programs);
- conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, and direct marketing and sales promotions;
- provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- administer general record keeping;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- test and evaluate new products and services; and
process credit applications (for example in the context of setting up a credit line for a corporate account).
In the event that EDS merges with or is acquired by another legal entity or ceases to manager Hotel, the personal information subject to this party may be transferred to that other legal entity as an asset.
EDS will disclose personally identifiable information without your permission when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by law, or is necessary or desirable to investigate or protect against harmful activities to guests, visitors, employees, or others, or to property (including this site).
We may require you to provide your age and date of birth in order to ensure compliance with U.S. government restrictions on websites providing content to, and acquiring information from, children.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES:
COOKIES AND INTEREST BASED ADVERTISING:
Lakehouse Hotel & Resort works with third parties to track your activity on our website, as well as to serve you with relevant advertisements from [Property] and other advertisers on unrelated websites. These advertising services use pixel tags (aka; web beacons), cookies and other tracking technologies to collect and store non-personal information about your visit to our website. Should you visit our website using your mobile device, an advertising service may also collect your device’s unique identifier, or location, and attempt to synchronize your mobile website visit with other website visits. When a relevant advertisement is served to you on another website that uses data collected from this website, it’s referred to as an ‘Interest-Based’ Ad and the advertisement should include a blue ‘Adchoices’ icon in the upper-right
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. Our websites do not sell products or services for purchase by children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children. If you are under the age of 18 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our websites), you may only use our websites with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
UPDATING OR ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
With some limited exceptions, you have rights to access and update personal information held about you. If you want to inquire about any personal information we may have about you, you can do so by sending us a written request by letter to Lakehouse Hotel and Resort, 1025 La Bonita Drive, San Marcos, CA 92078. Please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document such as an ID card(such as an ID card or so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you. A fee, if permitted under applicable laws, may be charged.
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine (“Booking Engine”). While it appears to be part of our site, the Booking Engine is in fact provided by a third party and is governed by its privacy practices. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine Vendor after carefully reviewing the vendor’s privacy and security policies carefully. The Booking Engine Vendor and all information sent to this site is in a Secured Socket Layer (SSL), is encrypted, protecting against disclosure to third parties. You can verify whether your personal information is transmitted using SSL encryption by confirming the symbol of a closed lock or solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window. You can also verify that your personal information will be encrypted using SSL encryption by making sure that the prefix for the web address listed for that page has changed from “http” to “https”.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY:
To prevent loss, destruction, unauthorized access or alteration, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee that security of all communications with or information submitted to our websites.
We would like our Site visitors to feel confident about using the Site to plan and purchase their accommodations, so Hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. Hotel has implemented a security program with its web design and maintenance firm to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access.